Born on December 27, 1965, Salman Khan is the son of the legendary writer Salim Khan, who penned many super-hits in the yesteryears like Sholay (1975), Deewaar (1975), and Don (1978). Salman started his acting carrier in 1988 by doing a supporting role in the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988). The following year he had the leading role in the box office romantic hit When Love Calls (1989). From there he became a heartthrob of Indian cinema.
Following with other box office hits he showed his terrific performance in Saajan (1991), Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Hum Aapke Hain Koun…! (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). His transformations can be sensitive, vulnerable, funny, aggressive, and charming as his role demands.
In 1998 he was arrested by the local police from the shooting location of the film Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United (1999), for killing protected wild animals and spent about a week behind the bars. The actor is facing trial in three cases of killing blackbucks and Chinkaras and another of illegal possession of arms. In September 2002, Salman Khan had hit the headlines after he crashed his Land Cruiser near the American Express bakery in Bandra, killing one man and injuring others.
Being known for those roguish behaviors, he tried to balance his troubled life with his career. In 2003, he gave his emotionally charged performance as playing an obsessed lover in In Your Name (2003) that translated into good reviews and a good run at the box office. He not only managed to revive his career but also to restore the confidence of his producers and distributors alike.
His work was noticed internationally in the movie Phir Milenge (2004) where he played the role of an AIDS patient. It was well appreciated by the World Health Organization (WHO) for presenting the problems of AIDS patients in today’s world.
In 2007, he launched the Being Human – Salman Khan Foundation. This charitable organization aids the underprivileged in areas such as education and health-care.
- His dancing style
- His smile
- Removing his shirt
- Muscular physique
- Wears Blue Feroza Stone bracelet in his movies
- Arrested and jailed for poaching endangered wild animals after allegedly shooting a rare black antelope near Jodhpur. [October 1998]
- Frequently gets rid of his T-Shirt in his films to show his muscles.
- Hindi megastar
- Arrested by police under the charge of having a connection with the underworld mafia. He was also questioned about Bharat S. Shah, a producer of Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001) since Shah has also been linked with the underworld mafia. 
- One of the four Khans that ruled Bollywood from the 1990s onwards. The other three are Saif Ali Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan.
- Son of Salim Khan, half of the famed Salim-Javed writing team.
- Frequently visits sick children in hospitals, and also goes often to donate blood.
- Exercises daily. Feels the day was incomplete without a workout.
- Loves visiting London.
- Was voted 7th best-looking man in the world by People Magazine.
- On the night of September 28 2002, Salman Khan was involved in an incident in which several homeless people were hit by his vehicle in an area of north Bombay. One man died and four were injured. Khan claims he was not at the wheel. October 2002: The film star was charged with “culpable homicide not amounting to murder”. He also faced charges of drunk driving and not having a valid license. Khan is arrested but granted bail. June 2003: Culpable homicide charge is dropped; Khan is tried for rash and negligent driving. May 2015: Salman Khan was sentenced to five years in jail, within days the High Court suspended Khan’s prison sentence while he prepared to appeal his conviction. November 2015: The high court appeals judge ruled there was not enough evidence; Khan is acquitted of all charges.
- Had a well-publicized affair with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan which lasted 2 years. Apparently, his endless tantrums traumatized her enough to give a press conference in spring 2003 where she declared that she would never work with him again for personal reasons.
- Was accused in another press conference in spring 2003 by Vivek Oberoi (who was reportedly seeing Aishwarya Rai at the time) to have called the latter 41 times during one night and threatened him with death as well. Vivek Oberoi has later apologized to Salman and his family multiple times publicly for his actions.
- Elder Brother of Sohail Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Alvira Khan, and Arpita Khan Sharma.
- Not only is he a health freak, but he also loves to initiate people who aren’t as health-conscious as himself into workouts. He forced co-star Anil Kapoor to work out at the gymnasium every day. While Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan are his early trainees.
- His favorite actor is Sylvester Stallone.
- Model turned actress Malaika Arora is his former sister-in-law. Actor turned director Atul Agnihotri is his brother-in-law.
- He was an excellent swimmer in his school days and was even tipped for representing the country one day.
- In his early days as a struggling actor, he never used his father’s name and influence like many other heroes with relatives in the industry. He used to visit producers on his own and audition for roles.
- Always believes in giving newcomers a chance. So he spares time in between shots to listen to their script ideas and credits this to his memory of when he was a newcomer.
- Has a mannequin of himself in Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England. Along with Kareena Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Katrina Kaif, and Anil Kapoor.
- Has his own charitable organization known as Being Human Foundations.
- All-time favorite actress is Hema Malini.
- Highest paid Bollywood Star.
- Was the first Bollywood Star to work in the Hollywood film industry and his debut film was Marigold: An Adventure In India.
- All time favorite actors are Megastars Dharmendra and Shatrughan Sinha.
- Brother-in-law of Seema Sachdev Khan and Aayush Sharma.
- Was working as a model before he became a successful actor and television host.
- He is an excellent painter.
- Father’s name is Salim Khan, mother’s name is Salma Khan, and stepmother’s name is Helen.
- Has 5 nephews, Aydan, Arhaan, Nirvaan, Yohan, Ahil, and 1 niece, Alizeh.
- Has his own non-profit charitable foundation, Being Human – The Salman Khan Foundation, whose emphasis is on health care and education. Proceeds from the sale of watches he has designed, paintings he has done, and the Being human t-shirts go to the foundation.
- Works frequently with brothers Arbaaz and Sohail Khan, and brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri.
- Lives in Galaxy Apartment in Bandra, Mumbai, India with his family.
- Wears a Feroza (turquoise) stone bracelet on his right-hand wrist. He believes very strongly that it wards off the evil forces around him, and keeps him safe from the evil eyes. He has been wearing it for the past 15 years.
- Holds the record for having the highest-grossing film of the year 8 times, a feat no other actor has yet achieved.
- He is very good friends with Sooraj Barjatya and his entire family, Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan, Kabir Khan, Mini Mathur, and David Dhawan. His other friends include Govinda, Rani Mukerji, Jackie Shroff, Prabhu Deva, Karisma Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty, Farah Khan, Sajid-Wajid, Himesh Reshammiya, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Katrina Kaif, Bhushan Kumar, Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol, Shatrughan Sinha and family, and Sushmita Sen amongst many others. He also has many friends from the South Indian Film Industry like Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna Akkineni, Venkatesh Daggubati, Vikram, Mahesh Babu, Shriya Saran, Ram Charan Teja and many more.
- He is known to help newcomers into the industry. During Shahrukh Khan’s struggling days an actor he provided him and his wife with a roof over their heads. He trained Hrithik Roshan for his first movie, had a big hand in the careers of now super composers Sajid-Wajid and Himesh Reshammiya, helped Katrina Kaif, Aishwarya Rai, Zarine Khan, Sneha Ullal, Sonakshi Sinha, and Hazel Keech. He also helped revive Govinda’s struggling career with the blockbuster “Partner” and worked in many of his brother’s films, giving them hits such as “Ready”, “Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya” and “Dabbang”. He brought director Sanjay Leela Bhansali to the limelight by taking on his debut film “Khamoshi” and then giving him commercial success for the 1999 blockbuster “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam”.
- His favorite singers are Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam.
- His film Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2 broke all box office records upon their releases. It has the highest-grossing first-day amount as well as the first week. It is the fastest Bollywood film to pass the 100 crore mark, achieving the feat in a record-breaking 5 days. This new triumph has established Khan as one of the biggest superstars in Hindi cinema history. It is now the second-highest-grossing Hindi film of all time, barely two weeks into its release.
- He is the only actor to have thirteen back-to-back 100 Crore plus films. Dabangg (2010), Ready (2011), Bodyguard (2011), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Jai Ho (2014), Kick (2014), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Sultan (2016), Tubelight (2017), Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), Race 3 (2018) and Bharat (2019). His film Wanted (2009) grossed around 100 Crore plus at the Indian Box Office and even did great business at the International Box Office.
- Favorite Cricketer is Yuvraj Singh.
- In most of Salman’s films, his character name has been Prem, and more recently Radhe and Chulbul Pandey has now been synonymous with him.
- Suffers from trigeminal neuralgia, a facial nerve disorder commonly known as the suicide disease. In an interview, he said that he has been quietly suffering it for the past seven years (it started when he began filming for Partner), but now the pain’s become unbearable. It has even affected his voice, making it much harsher. ”Currently” the condition is being treated on a regular basis, where he visits doctors when they call him for a checkup every month.
- Started shooting for his first film Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988) on September 9, 1987.
- Studied acting at popular actress Daisy Irani’s acting institute along with his friends Sajid Khan and Chunky Pandey.
- He has delivered Six Super Hits in four years (2009 to 2012), grossing over Rs 850 Crores.
- Formed popular on-screen pairings with Bhagyashree, Karisma Kapoor, Nagma, Rambha, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Neelam Kothari, Ayesha Takia, Madhuri Dixit, Asin Thottumkal, Preity Zinta, Bhoomika Chawla, Sushmita Sen, Zareen Khan, Dia Mirza, Sonali Bendre, Jacqueline Fernandez, Sonakshi Sinha, and Shilpa Shetty Kundra.
- He gives bicycles to kids, always gives money to the needy, and even blankets to people who sleep on the street at night. He always helps a certain foundation or an association, and he does it privately and does not involve the media.
- On 10 April 2006, he was sentenced to five years in jail for poaching. On 13 April he was granted bail. When he was in jail, people prayed for him, fasted for him, gave food to him in jail, they also tried to visit him in jail.
- Rarely drives cars after he was involved in an accident that took place on 28th September 2002 in Mumbai, India. Most of the time he is found at the front passenger seat of his cars and is chauffeured around by drivers
- Apart from the very famous Galaxy apartment that Salman Khan lives in, the actor also owns a farmhouse in Panvel and a house in Hydra Towers, Jumeirah Village, Dubai.
- Salman was offered Baazigar (1993) by Abbas-Mustan but turned down the film after the makers refused to accommodate changes suggested by his father Salim Khan. The role went to Shah Rukh Khan.
- He has painted the Jai Ho posters – and is a talented artist. Some people suggest that he has taken after his mother Salma Khan, who is an artist too. Salman is also passionate about photography.
- Salman has delivered Top 2 biggest grosser of the year three times. Hum Saath Saath Hain and Biwi No. 1 in 1999, Bodyguard and Ready in 2011, Ek Tha Tiger, and Dabangg 2 in 2012.
- Has 3 chauffeurs namely Ashok Singh, Altaf Khan, and Dutta.
- The actor is rarely seen without his chunky bracelet with a blue stone and the accessory is now as much a part of Salman’s pop culture oeuvre as his shiny, slippery chest. The bracelet is a Khan family tradition with Sallu’s father Salim Khan too sporting one. The latest nod to Feroza came with Imran Khan sporting a similar one in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara (2013).
- Whenever Salman has a strong urge, he pours out an alcoholic drink and keeps the glass in front of him. But he never takes a sip. He just sits with it and after a while, the urge subsides.
- His recent Eid release Kick (2014) has joined the league of biggest Bollywood grosser like Dhoom 3 (2013), 3 Idiots (2009), and Chennai Express (2013).
- His biggest film now becomes the fifth top grosser of all time, upstaging ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and Ranbir Kapoor-Deepika Padukone starrer ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ (Rs 188.57 crore). ‘Kick’ is now within touching distance of Aamir Khan’s3 Idiots’ which amassed Rs 202.47 crore.
- Kick has already ousted ‘Shah Rukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om (2007) from the top 10 highest Bollywood grosser overseas. The Sajid Nadiadwala film has now surpassed SRK’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), his own Dabangg 2 (2012), and Ranbir Kapoor’s Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’s overseas collections and is now the sixth highest overseas grosser of all times.
- Kick had taken five days to enter the Rs 100-crore club. This year, the first film to open the roster for the exclusive club was another Salman starrer ‘Jai Ho’, which incidentally was the highest grosser before ‘Kick’ took over. Kick is now all set to become Salman Khan’s highest grosser, cementing his Superstardom.
- Has announced that his Being Human (BH) charitable organization will help “100 genuine patients” suffering from heart condition by providing them free treatment (2014).
- Salman wears a locket inscribed with the Ayatul Kursi (verses from the Quran that are supposed to ward off all evil). He also wears it in his recently released film, Kick (2014).
- Salman is the only Bollywood Star to have his 7 films earn more than Rs 100 crores in a row. Salman first entered the club four years ago, with his cult film ‘Dabangg’. Directed by Abhinav Kashyap and produced by Arbaaz Khan under the Arbaaz Khan Productions, the film made over Rs 143 crores. His next films ‘Ready’ (2011) and ‘Bodyguard’ (2011) crossed the Rs 100 crore mark with net collections of Rs 122 crore and Rs 145 crore respectively. His next film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ earned over where Salman played a spy, opposite Katrina Kaif, was followed by ‘Dabangg 2’, where he thrilled the audience once again, as inspector Chulbul Pandey. According to media reports, these films made Rs 310 crore and Rs 251 crore, respectively. His more recent hit ‘Jai Ho’, even if it was panned by the critics, made over Rs 126 crore. This was followed by ‘Kick’ which joined the Rs 100 crore club on Eid.
- Brother Sohail Khan is married to Chunky Pandey’s niece Seema.
- Was offered Vicky Arora’s role in Yalgaar (1992).
- Was engaged to model and beauty queen Shaheen Jaffrey. Shaheen is the daughter of actress Bharti Jaffrey and Hamid Jaffrey (Sayeed Jaffrey’s brother). Shaheen is also the granddaughter of Ashok Kumar (Mother Bharti’s father). Shaheen is the aunt to actress Kiara Advani (Sister’s daughter). Shaheen was an assistant to Mahesh Bhatt in the film Marg. Shaheen Jaffrey is always mistaken as Dilip Kumar’s actress niece Shaheen who acted in the film Mahasangram in 1990. This is due to them both having the same name.
- Went for a world tour concert with Aamir Khan, Juhi Chawla, in October 1992. They went to cities in the countries of Canada, America, and England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Dharmendra, Aamir Khan, Vivek Mushran, and Pooja Bhatt in September 1993. They went to cities in Canada, America and England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Bobby Deol, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, Sonali Bendre, and Mallika Arora in April 2000. They visited cities in Canada, America and England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Akshay Kumar in June 1995. They visited cities in Canada, America, England.
- Went for a world tour concert with Sanjay Dutt, Mahima Chaudhary, and Karishma Kapoor in May 1998. They visited cities in Canada, America, and England.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) released on July 17, 2015 (Friday) and turned out to be the biggest pre Eid opener for Salman. The film collected a whopping amount of INR 27.25 crore on its first day beating the record of his previous film Kick (2014) which had made INR 26.40 crore on its opening day.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) has not only taken over Box Office in India but is doing the same overseas as well. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh gave the figures of the film’s business in countries like Australia, New Zealand, and the USA. Bajrangi Bhaijaan managed to break the opening weekend records of Kick (2014) across the border.
- Salman’s latest release has broken all records by becoming the biggest Bollywood opener of 2015. The film collected Rs 27.25 crore on its opening day, beating the previous record of Varun Dhawan’s ABCD 2 that had collected Rs 14.30 crore on its first day.
- With its roaring box office success, BB was estimated to collect a sum of Rs $ 700k on Friday in the USA as well as Canada. The venture earned the 10th position on this week’s box office chart in the USA, beating Ian McKellen’s Mr. Holmes (2015).
- He was a bonafide star, but he had to wait till 2009 to obtain the superstar status and the unreal level of mass adulation he enjoys today. That year, with the release of Wanted, Salman crossed the Rs 100-crore barrier. It was also his first Eid release. And ever since, Eid was booked for Salman and every film that released on the fateful date became a blockbuster.
- The day 2 collection of Salman’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan was Rs 36.50 crore. With this, the superstar’s latest release emerged as the highest ever single-day collection for a Salman Khan film.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan has recorded the 3rd highest weekend collections of all time, behind Shah Rukh Khan’s Happy New Year (2014) and Aamir Khan’s Dhoom 3 (2013).
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan have all crossed the 100 crore mark in 3 days at the domestic box office (Indian Box Office).
- Uttar Pradesh government, headed by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, has decided to make Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan tax-free in the state.
- Salman learned how to paint from his mother Salma Khan.
- The performance of Bajrangi Bhaijaan at the Box Office has apparently surpassed that of all his previous successes. According to trade experts, the film has broken all the records held by his movies so far, with a box-office collection of INR 250.02 crore in just 11 days.
- Starred in Jackie Shroff Entertainment’s shelved film,”Raju Raja Ram”. Starring Jackie Shroff, Govinda, Salman Khan, Manisha Koirala, Rakesh Bedi. Produced by Jackie Shroff, Avinash Adik, Prakash Jaju. Music by Anu Malik. Directed by David Dhawan. This was in 1997. The film was finally made as Tom Dick and Harry in 2006.
- His uncle, father Salim Khan’s cousin, attempted to become a actor in the 1970’s. He was the actor in Sholay that had the dialogue ” Maalik jitna hain, sab laya hoon”. He was not able to find any stardom.
- Starred in the shelved film Venus’s “Magroor”(1994). Starring Mithun Chakraborthy. Zeba Bhaktiar, Salman Khan, Johnny Lever. Music by Anu Malik. Directed by Abbas Mustan (Replaced Tinnu Anand).
- Starred in the shelved movie, Leo Films International’s Bulund” (1996)Starring Salman Khan, Somy Ali, Danny Denzongpa, Moon Moon Sen, Mohnish Behl, Laxmikant Berde, Prem Chopra, Music by Anand -Milind, Directed by Shahjhan. Reels:14.
- Starred in the shelved movie Shiva Art International’s “Chori Mera Kaam” (1995) Starring Salman Khan, Sunil Shetty, Kajol, Shilpa Shetty, Shakti Kapoor, Mohan Joshi, Kader Khan, Music by Anu Malik, Directed by Aziz Sejawal. Reels:6.
- Was to star in TIPS films Untitled Project directed by Rajiv Rai. Co-starring Arjun Rampal. This was in 2002.
- After Garv, Puneet Issar started two new films with Salman Khan. He-Man and Tabeer – When Dreams Come True. Both films did not go beyond the announcement.
- Starred in the shelved film produced by Vijay Galani, the remake of Tamil film Lesa Lesa. The film was going to be directed by Priyadarshan.
- Was writing a script in 2005 titled “Mere Love Story” directed by Samir Karnik There was speculation the script was going to be based on Salman’s love life.
- Signed a film titled “Sautelay” with Rishi Kapoor, directed by Ashok Punjabi. It was based on Rain Main. But when Raja was launched the producers shelved the film. This was due to the similarities in the subject.
- D Rama Naidu wanted to remake the film Bobilli Raja with Salman Khan in 1992. It was the unofficial remake of Hollywood movie “The Gods Must Be Crazy..That film starred Venkatesh and Divya Bharti. D Rama Naidu had finally signed Salman Khan for the official Hindi remake of Bobilli Raja. When Salman got word that Ramesh Lakhiani’s movie Boy Friend was also an unofficial remake of The Gods Must Be Crazy, he approached Ramesh Lakhiani. Salman told Ramesh to scrap his film because he was going to star in the remake of the film produced by D Rama Naidu. Ramesh Lakhiani refused because his film Boy Friend was 90% complete. This angered Salman , but nothing could be done. Salman told D Rama Naidu to scrap the remake. Instead, a dubbed Hindi version of Bobilli Raja was released as Rampur Ka Raja.
- Distant cousin Sameer Rahman was engaged to Manisha Koirala in 1993.
- Starred in the shelved film “Saaiyan” (1992). Starring Salman Khan, Pratibha Sinha, Anupam Kher. Directed by Bappi Sonie.
- Starred in the shelved film Sonal Films International ” Patanga”(1992). Starring Salman Khan, Neelam, Sheeba, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Arun Bakshi, Gulshan Grover. Music by Raam Laxman, Produced by Amar Savlani, Directed by Jitu Savlani (Deepak Bahry).
- Was signed for Aamir Khan’s role in Ghajini, but he opted out.
- Was offered Shah Rukh Khan’s role in Chak De India. However, he rejected.
- Starred in the shelved movie “Gherao” (1991). Starring Salman Khan, Manisha Koirala, Tanushree Kaushal. Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi.
- Starred in the shelved film “Ran Kshetra” (1990). Starring Salman Khan Bhagyashree, Produced by Xavier Marquis, Directed by Dilip Shankar.
- After the flopping of Dacait in 1987, Rahul Rawail wanted to direct a love story with newcomers. He titled the film Kamsin. He screen-tested Salman Khan but found him too young looking to be a hero. Years later he made the film as Bekhudi.
- In 1992, producer Sundeep Sethi approached Salman Khan to act in a film with Vinod Khanna, directed by Mahesh Bhatt. Salman refused the film due to a problem Salim Khan had with Mahesh Bhatt during Jurm.
- Was signed for Ayee Milan Ki Raat in 1989. After Maine Pyar Kiya became a hit, Salman left the film.
- Was to leave for a world tour concert with Rekha, Bhagyashree, Bappi Lahiri in September 1990. They were to travel to USA, Canada and UK. The tour got canceled when Rekha’s husband passed away suddenly.
- According to the latest news reports published by English news daily Mumbai Mirror, Race 3 (2018) has bagged a Indian Rs1.3 billion (Dh70 million) satellite rights deal with a major television network, toppling the figure that Aamir Khan secured for his film Dangal. Touted as the highest television deal for a Bollywood film, Race 3 beat Dangal, which was reportedly sold for Rs1.1 billion for its satellite rights. With this development, Race 3 has reportedly recovered its filming costs.
- Has performed all of his stunts in Race 3 all by himself without the use of a body double.
- Drove an expensive Bugatti Veyron in Race 3 without using a body double.
- A film titled “Handsome” was announced in 1990. Starring Salman Khan,Sangeeta Bijlani,Nagma. The film did not go beyond the announcement.
- Arbaaz Khan was to debut a film titled “Footpath” in 1992. This was the reason he turned down the film “Khiladi”. Footpath was eventually shelved. The film starred Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Ritu Shivpuri, Directed by Deepak Shivdasani. The rights to the title were with Mukesh Bhatt. He allowed Deepak permission to use it for his film. Years later the Bhatts made a film Footpath but with a different storyline.
- Cineblitz October 1985 magazine reported that Salman Khan and Javed Jaffery were planning a video film for TV. It was loosely based on Madonna. They approached Jaya Pradha for the lead role. The project eventually fizzled out .
- All of his vehicles are White in color.
- Most of Salman’s vehicles have a registration number of 2727.
- Starred in Mukesh Duggal’s shelved untitled film in 1993. Starring Govinda, Salman Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Music by Anu Malik, Produced by Mukesh Duggal, Directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
- In 1997, Anees Bazmee had signed Salman Khan for a film titled “Aankh Micholi”. Salman had a double role. Salman backed out as he just had done Judwaan.
- In 1996, Dimple Kapadia started her home production and signed Sunny Deol, Salman Khan and Kajol. The film was shelved after the announcement.
- Salman Khan was signed for Planman Motion Pictures untitled film in 2006. Starring Salman Khan, Rani Mukherjee, Directed by Aziz Mirza.
- In 2007, Sohail Khan wanted to direct a remake of Jerry McGuire. He spoke to both Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. The film got shelved.
- Starred in the shelved movie Raam Raj Kalamandir’s untitled film in 1990. Starring Salman Khan, Produced and Directed by S. Ramanathan
- The only person I have hurt is myself.
- For me, acting comes straight from the heart. In that sense, I don’t act at all. I think that to feel the character’s pain I have to be myself. Somewhere audiences see that.
- On his childhood problems and his father’s second marriage to Helen: It was very difficult in the beginning when everybody was talking about it. My mother just couldn’t take it. It hurt her terribly. She used to worry all the time, go in to depression frequently. When she cried, we children used to cry with her.
- In life go straight and turn right.
- (From a TV-interview) I can get caught in many things but there is one thing I will never get caught in, and that is acting – because I don’t act. On-screen I am like I am in real life.
- Why should I marry? One marries to have children, but I already have children! My nieces and nephews are my children. I wanted to marry to make babies, but now I have them, so marriage isn’t that important, is it?
- I’m not possessive, I’m caring… Once you realize a person doesn’t want that much care, you automatically back off.
- [Salman speaking about Rani Mukerji on Big Boss] She [Rani] is one of the best actresses we have in the country… And an amazing dancer… Look at that smile! Love you, Rani.
- Sometimes it happens to me that I start laughing and just can’t stop.
- She [Rani Mukerji] knows who she is and what she can do. After a long time Bollywood has got an actress like Rani. She is naughty, masti khor and a wonderful friend. She has taken acting as her career and given her 100%. Somehow Rani has acting in her genes.
- [on the best actresses from the current crop] There’s Rani, then there’s Preity, Based on work, Aishwarya… Priyanka is very good… Then there are the new girls like Lara and Katrina. [When asked his favorite and the best out the lot] As an actor? Rani Mukerji. [Smiles]
- If I do a film, I should know I’m taking this character back home. I want to do movies that will change my own personality.
- Maybe I am popular because I can do a bit of everything. A bit of dancing, a bit of acting, a bit of action…
Salman and his jeans…
+ Loves tight fitting 501 jeans
+ Majorly hooked onto loose low waist jeans
The Hot’s & Not’s through Salman’s eyes…
+ No accessories for him except his bracelet & a ring in his ear
+ “Simplicity is the answer for being cool,” says he
+ Something that will never go ‘out’ for him are white shirts and blue jeans
The sexiest thing Salman Khan can wear…
+ Loose low waist jeans with his jock bands showing
+ Jeans with see through shirts
+ His cycling shorts – he loves wearing them
+ Generally wears JUST shorts when at home
What Salman can’t live without…
+ His torn, blue jeans
+ His ganjis
+ His rubber chappals
Health and fitness…
+ A total health freak. Doesn’t misses his workouts
+ Is very particular about cleanliness
+ Takes hour’s to bathe and even brush his teeth
+ Does not like people with body odor and takes care of even that
What does his UNDERWEAR says…
+ Loves any designer “undies” as long as the band can be flaunted outside of his jeans
+ He even loves Speedos, which can be worn without “undies”
The soap story…
+ Likes to collect soaps
+ In his bathroom, there is a collection of all kinds of handmade and herbal soaps
+ His favourite are soaps made from natural fruit and vegetable extracts
+ Moody and unpredictable
+ Can be very caring, very protective, very loving, and also childishly petulant
Style of Clothing…
+ Very rarely wears formals
+ Loves to wear casuals especially, black and blue, tight fitting jeans with shirts and T-shirts
+ Shops in London and occasionally, in Singapore
+ Mostly wears Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace
+ Can be irresistible when he wants to
+ in a hurry and casually. I’m not particular about what I take as long as I am comfortable. Even a few shirts and a pair of jeans is fine with me
+ my shorts. It is a must because I need to exercise everyday
+ my dumb-bells. I need to work-out daily. Without work-outs my day is incomplete.
While abroad I make it a point to visit the gymnasium
+ my perfumes and glares. I just can’t do without them
+ my luggage. It’s taken in advance while I reach the airport just in time for my flight
+ to London off an on. It’s a beautiful place to be in. The river Thames, Big Ben and the trams of the city fascinate me. I also have close family friends residing there. Other than that I love to walk down the streets and go berserk shopping for belts, shoes, and clothes
+ in a relaxed state of mind. But people who are traveling with me get hyper with my coolness. Often it has happened that I have arrived just in the nick of time to catch a flight.
‘What if we had missed it?’ is the common complaint made by my friends
+ on my outdoor location shootings only by car. I detest traveling by buses. They give me a feeling of uneasiness
+ by first class only
+ Designer Objects : Rolex Watches
+ Possession : Body Building Equipment
+ Fiction Character : Archie
+ Movie Star : Sylvester Stallone
+ Gadgets : Home Theatre, Camera
+ Cars : Mercedes, BMW, Landcruiser
+ Drinks : Iced Tea
+ Restaurants : China Garden
What’s Lucky For Salman?
+ My bracelet – my dad wears the same thing and I got it made. It’s got a turquoise stone.
My Best Friend…
+ Sanjay Dutt
Give us 3 people who you consider your pillar of strength
+ Three is too less
What is success to you?
+ If you work hard, give it your best shot and have God’s grace, then I am sure you are going to be a success. And it just helps if you have a million fans backing you, the way I have!
What is the best thing any fan has done for you?
+ Lots, you know it feels wonderful when you know there are so many people caring for you. That’s the reason I try to keep out of trouble as much as I can. One day, a Malabar Hill kid came upto me and told me that his grandmother had kept a 3-day fast and offered prayers when I got myself into a mess recently.
I don’t know if I deserve this kind of affection and love. But yes, the day someone tries to take this away from me is the day when I’ll fight back, till then I’ll lie and take it all.
What’s your future like?
+ If you ask me what I am going to do 5 minutes from now, I would be blank. You know I love this saying, it goes like this, ‘If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. If you make him laugh a little more, tell him that you are going to make someone’s life. If you want him absolutely bursting, tell him that you are going to destroy someone’s life’. I am pretty much like that…
What’s your take on your sweet-n-sour relation with the media?
+ You put yourself in my place and tell me how would you react?
Whom do you love the most?
+ He had two French mastiffs whom he calls My Son (My Son died recently) and My Jaan. To pamper their palate, he has special food from abroad flown down for them. To keep these thick-coated animals comfortable in Bombay’s steamy heat, the ACs in his house run constantly at carefully controlled temperatures. Even when a stray dog in his neighborhood died, Salman is said to have gone into a deep depression.
+ Salman Khan, Bobby Deol and the rest of the cast and crew of Mera Bharat Mahaan had to make do without toilets on location in upper Ladakh for 18 days. There were no bushes for cover either
+ The shooting of Salman Khan-starrer Veer was stalled due to economic meltdown. Since the cost of this period film was high and buyers at low prices, it made sense for the producers to put the film on hold.
+ When Salman Khan realised that the entire unit of London Dreams was bored of western food and was missing homemade food, he called his cook, Jafferbhai, all the way from Mumbai to London. Jafferbhai is especially known for his delectable biryani. The kitchen department was handed over to Jafferbhai during the schedule.
+ KAADHAL ORU KAVITHAI, the dubbed Tamil version of MAINE PYAR KIYA, which was declared a disaster, picked up from its fourth week at two major centers – Chennai and Madurai. The weekly box-office collections were:- Chennai: Week 1: 75.90%, Week 2: 64.12%, Week 3: 64.60%, Week 4: 84.80%. Madurai: Week 1: 57.40%, Week 2: 46.80%, Week 3: 48%, Week 4: 65.20%. The Tamil version eventually celebrated 100 days in Chennai.
+ Not many are aware but Rakesh Roshan’s big hit KARAN-ARJUN [SRK, Salman] celebrated silver jubilee at a record 33 cities, including Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Agra, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Hyderabad, Indore, Bhopal, Jaipur and Kolkata.
+ After a string of hits at the very start of his career, Salman Khan was being referred to as the next superstar. In an exclusive interview then [in 1991], when this writer asked Salman how it felt being in Big B’s shoes, Salman came up with a witty retort: ‘His shoe size is 11, while mine is just 6 or 7. They’re too large and loose for me.’ Well said!
+ Salman Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Divya Bharti and Arbaaz Khan were teamed in AYE MERE DOST, to be directed by Esmayed Shroff. The film was launched on March 4, 1991 with a song recording by Nadeem-Shravan. However, this project never got made
+ Rajkumar Santoshi had teamed Sunny Deol, Dimple Kapadia [guest appearance], Meenakshi Seshadri and Salman Khan in DIL HAI TUMHARA. Shekhar Kapur had also been signed to enact a key role in the film. An official announcement was made in October 1991… For another project, GHERAO, Santoshi had teamed Salman Khan and Manisha Koirala in the lead. However, the project never got made.
+ The song ‘Jhanjharia’ [picturized on Karisma Kapoor] from KRISHNA had caught the fancy of practically everyone in the industry even before the film was complete. Stars like SRK, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Govinda, Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla had watched the song and were singing praises of the track.
+ At a point of time, producer Xavier Marquis was toying with the idea of repeating the MAINE PYAR KIYA team of Salman Khan and Bhagyashree for his new film, titled RANKSHETRA, to be directed by Dilip Shanker.
+ Before finalising the title CHANDRAMUKHI [Sridevi, Salman Khan], the makers of the film were toying with the idea of calling the film PARI.
+ To promote his Salman Khan starrer BAAGHI, producer Nitin Manmohan had got made attractive car stickers, with a hair-raising caption: ‘Shut up, I am BAAGHI. Unnecessary honkers, beware…’. Meanwhile, the producer added a song to the film, ‘Tap Tap Tapori’, after the film was ready and its release date had been announced.
+ He was endorsing Red Tape shoes but, in real life, Salman Khan would rather walk around barefoot. Bystanders at Bandstand were amused, when they spotted Khan on a Sunday morning, jogging with his dogs Myson and Myjaan—in the buff. His feet, we mean. He was wearing his trademark shorts and ganji. Guess after cycling to film shoots, this is another eccentricity of the shirtless wonder.
+ Even his first blockbuster, Baazigar, landed in his lap only after Salman Khan had turned down the chance to play a negative character. And, but for Aamir Khan’s constant interference, the role of the obsessive lover in Darr would never have happened for him
+ Sanjay L Bhansali HeÙs so reclusive that every two weeks, actor and best buddy Salman Khan calls to check if he’s still alive.
+ Salman Khan often takes two bodyguards along with him to the gym to stand around while he works those muscles
+ What’s lucky for you?
This bracelet – my dad wears the same thing and I got it made. It’s got a turquoise stone.
This is what Style and Fitness Guru – Salman Khan has to say.
“I cycle, swim, go to the gym, eat the right kind of food and sleep late as I don’t get sleep easily and wake up early, that’s the secret behind my age.”
Salman’s physical trainer, Manish Advilkar, has this to tell all his fans across the world.
He has also trained Salman through six tedious years. When he first call me six years ago , I concentrated on fine-tuning is exercise routine, making it more structured and streamlined,”Advilkare calls.
Today, of course his body speaks for his dedication. No matter how punishing his shooting schedule, Salman will find time to exercise…
He even calls me up at 3-4 am for a training session.
Exercise releases endorphins ,those feel good hormones in the brain, and riding the wave , trainer and pupil sculpt the body that earned bollywood star the moniker, “Shirtless Wonder”.
While weights have gained for Salman the contours the camera captures so vividly, his cardiovascular routine is punishing too. When the mood overtakes Salman , he goes cycling three hours to panvel,”explains Advilkar.”personally, I would find that a real challenge too.”
What did Salman say?
+ “In my personal life, I am always afraid of losing my loved and dear ones……family and friends. Want everyone to be fit and fine and have a healthy life. Even when a police jeep, which is on patrol, comes in our apartment there is a fear… now…
+ When asked about the small screen competition with 67-year-old Amitabh, Salman said, “There is no competition. We are two different personalities, we have different styles; so there is no comparison. I don’t think I can host KBC the way he does.”
+ “It really amuses me no end that most contestants in the show Dus Ka Dum express their earnest desire of seeing me married”
+ Salman says, “Only one persom can mess with me ,SALMAN KHAN himself”,
jaise Gabbar ko sirf ek hee admi maar sakta hain khud Gabbar, like that.
+ What is it that Shah Rukh Khan has that you don’t?
+ What is it that you have and Shah Rukh doesn’t?
I don’t know.
+ How do you compare yourself with Aamir Khan?
+ Which is your favourite film?
Maine Pyar Kiya.
+ What is the funniest thing you’ve ever heard?
Bombay director telling a Madras paanwala – Zara khushboo lagana and the paanwala saying dimag kharab hain kya?
+ Which would you rate as your best performance?
I’m the same in all.
+ Which have been the most difficult?
+ Did you expect Hum Aapke Hain Koun (HAHK) to be such a big hit?
I knew it the day I heard the script.
+ What are you scared of?
Jumping off these heights.
+ What are you insecure about?
Nothing. My problem is I don’t want anything from anybody.
+ It is said you bash up people?
When they dub me up the wrong way. I forget about it as long as I am in a good mood. When I’m in a bad mood, I can’t.
+ What’s your opinion about today’s fashion?
Today’s party wear reveals more than what swimming costumes did in old times.
+ What’s the worst line anyone has told you?
Will you pour Thums Up over my head? I didn’t want to until then.
+ Are you a split personality?
I’m not. I have no split opinion. I know I’m right.
+ How did you feel being laid up in bed for three months?
I phoned an enemy and said, ‘I know how it feels with only three bones in my body. If you want, I can show you too.’
+ When you turn a director whom would you take as a hero?
Kishen Kumar. He’s good with close-ups.
+ Jokes aside?
Mohnish Bahl. I cannot work with people I’m not comfortable with.
+ Who is the real Salman Khan?
I am just a film actor. I am not an inventor or a scientist or someone who has come from the moon.
+ Being a public figure don’t you think you are answerable to your fans?
I am accountable as far as my work is concerned. I make sure that I give 100 per cent in my work,. After that, it’s my life. All people want to know is about Salman Khan, the star. They adore the actor not the person.
+ Marriage involves two person’s. If I could get married to myself, I would have been married a long time ago.
+ Tere Naam was a beautiful love story but I wouldn’t want something like what happened to Radhey to happen to anyone. The last 15 minutes were really heart-wrenching. It made me very sad.
+ My role in Tere Naam is of an obsessed lover. I haven’t done anything special or great in it (Tere Naam)… what I have done, besides growing my hair in the first half? And in the second half, my hair was short and I had no dialogues. I was just sitting in one corner.
+ I am comfortable with all scripts, but to do comedy you need a very different mindset. If I am in a bad mood and disturbed in my personal life, it is very difficult for me to perform a good comedy role. I am trying hard to see that my personal life does not reflect on my professional life. I really envy people who do a good job professionally despite the fact that their personal life is in trouble. I have tried to follow their footsteps but I find it difficult.
+ Love to me is like hindi film ishtlye…. falling in love,
being together in good and bad times….
and living happily ever after.
+ Where would you like to go for a date?
Place – China Garden
Gift – A pair of Boxing Gloves
Line of proposal – “Mere armanon par pani mat phero”
+ I am going to be a peace lover…… ‘Peace is quite a bombshell’
If you watch my performance closely in ‘Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya,’ you’ll notice that I’m doing a take off on Shakti Kapoor
+ When asked what’s the difference between playing a cop in Garv and one in his Patthar Ke Phool few years ago, Khan quipped, ‘‘The difference is of FEW years. Well, I was boy then, but now I am a man.’’
+ The flamboyant Khan is spunkier when he is asked why he cycles to his film shoots, ‘‘What to do? The cops have taken away my license. So either I cycle or wait for someone else to drive me around. And I don’t like being dependent.’’
What was celebrities’ reaction when they were asked, What’s Special about Salman Khan? Read on….
How was it working with Salman Khan?
I just loved working with him (Marigold) – he’s as bratty as he is kind! True to his fun loving nature, Salman teased me mercilessly. At the same time, he was extremely kind when I had to leave suddenly because of my grandmother’s illness. I like him enormously.
“Salman is not a fair weather friend. He is the kind of friend I can rely on,” says his pal Shilpa Shetty, who became fast friends with him during the making of Auzaar. No matter who the woman in his life, Shilpa will always be his friend.
How would you describe Salman Khan in one word?
(Laughs) I’ll need two words for that.. ROCK STAR
The hottest HUNK of bollywood is got to be shirtless Salman Khan! Man, he looks really hot and dashing!
He isn’t too free with his advice
‘Salman is a fabulous person. He was also a very supportive co-star. I had heard & read a lot abt him. Who has’t, when it comes to Salman Khan.? But I didn’t go on the sets with any preconceived notions abt him. I don’t judge people unless I interact with them & form my own opinion. Intially I used to go & sit quietly in a corner till called for rehearsals and shots, finish my work and go home. I didn’t open up with him at first, not bcoz I was in awe of him or becoz I was waiting for a buddy-like feeling to develop between us. I didn’t want to impress him nor did I want to be impressed by him. I was there as a co-star & that was all,’ ‘The funny part was that once we did get talking, it was the last schedule & the film ended. I was sad that we couldn’t be friends. But the next day I got an offer for ‘Dilne Jise Apna Kaha’ with him & I was happy to acceot the film’ But she does keep in touch, ‘I do call Salman once in a very rare while. to ask for his suggestions or opinions on producers ,directors, and so on. I consider him a friend and a lovely person. I am fond of him in a way. I look up to him not becoz he is Salman Khan but becoz he has been here for 18 years and knows the industry inside out. He isn’t too free with his advice, he doesn’t give it to everyone, so I listen to what he says. I give him the respect one would accord to a senior.
He is the perfect Spiderman
More than the face, I would want my SpiderMan to have the perfect physique. No paunch, please. And with these requirements, only one person can fit the bill: Salman Khan.
He is HIGHLY misunderstood
He was most helpful since I was very new when we started work on the film. Initially, I was a little distant but being a romantic film topped with large doses of comedy, it was important for us to build a rapport. Salman went out of his way to break the ice & we became very cordial. In person he is very different from the image that is portrayed of him and what I learnt about him in this short span, is that he is highly misunderstood’
Could you tell us three things about Salman Khan ?
He’s misunderstood, intelligent and a good actor
He is very cute and naughty
“Salman is very cute — at least in the shots we have done together. Thanks to his spontaneity and cuteness, he can make the silliest thing look normal and believable. If he looks at you, he looks like butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth. But he has this naughtiness and that’s what lights up his face.
He is the sexiest man around!
Ash is supposed to have keen business acumen, they say she is cool and mature at handling every expect of her life, yet she went public atleast in the promos of ‘Rendezvous With Simi Grewal’ saying that Salman was her idea of the SEXIEST MAN around. As she said it she twisted her lovely face into a bewlldered absolutely non-Ash what-the-hell-am-I-saying, grimace. Salman is a HONEY and all that, but still!
He is a sensitive human being
As his brother, I’m one of the few people who knows the real Salman Khan and can vouch for the fact that beneath his rough exterior, lies a very sensitive human being. Not many people know of the numerous acts of charity that he has performed. I have seen him break down completely over the suffering of complete strangers. He is a great family person and really cares for his relatives and friends. Like everbody else, he too has some weak spots. He likes to live life to the fullest and this thirst gets him bad publicity at times. Another thing about him is that he says and does the first thing that comes to his mind when provoked. His anger lasts only a few seconds but gets translated as a lifestyle when highlighted by the press. The inability to illustrate his version of events is another of Salman’s shortcomings. If only he treated the media as his friend, half his problems would get solved. I’m the last person to comment on how he should lead his life but one thing I really hope for is that he should settle down soon. Maybe marriage will bring stability to his life.
He has great charisma
I have written many films for Salman Khan and the one thing about him that has always struck me is his charisma. They say that your surat (face) is a mirror to your sirat (character) and that’s very true in Salman’s case. His face transmits a certain aura that cheers up the beholder from inside. Another thing is that he suits every kind of genre, be it romance, comedy or action. I can visualise him playing any sort of a character as he has the ability to bring that character to life. His charisma has made him a favourite with every filmmaker and he is one of the few rare actors that do not belong to any camp. In my view, apart from doing the type of roles he is doing right now, Salman should make a gradual shift to doing more sublime, mature kind of roles.
He is a committed actor
People call Salman Khan arrogant, and unprofessional and I totally agree. He is so arrogant that he just takes my word and signs my films blindly. He is so unprofessional that he reports at 8:45 for a 9’0 clock shoot. He has upset me so much that even after working with him on three films, I still want to do every film of mine with him. He has corrupted me so much that now I expect his kind of dedication and sincerity from each of my artistes. Working with him, I really feel out of touch with reality. The whole process becomes so smooth that I have to pinch myself to remember that I’m still working in the film industry. He is generous to a fault. He forever jokes around and lightens the atmosphere. He behaves courteously with his co-stars. Seriously, what else should a filmmaker want? It pains me to read about his so-called misdemeanours and makes me wonder whether the writer has written about the same person that I know. Maybe, like my film Judwaa, there are really two Salmans. The bad one does all the mischief and the good one gets all the blame. Let people say anything, in my view, he is the most committed actor that I have come across so far.
He has got a good physique
Salman Khan has got a very good physique. He looks just like a Greek god. But, he hasn’t let his good looks go to his head. I consider him to be one of the most efficient, intelligent people I have met so far. I was a rank newcomer when I signed Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge and the stories I had heard about Salman’s wild antics were making me nervous. I had mentally prepared myself for torment. But what followed was an exact anti-thesis. From day one itself, Salman was courtesy personified. This line is totally male-dominated and it helps a heroine a great deal if her hero treats her with respect. That sets a benchmark for everybody else on the sets. From the spot boy onwards to the producer and the director, nobody dares to mistreat her. Working in the film with Salman has been one of the happiest experiences of my life, one that I will always cherish.
He generates mass hysteria
Maine Pyaar Kiya saw Salman Khan stride the box-office like a giant and since then he has never looked back. A large portion of his success can, in my view, be safely attributed to the mass hysteria he generates among the female sex. But despite his loverboy image, the Salman I remember will always be the half-smiling kid who went out of his way to make me comfortable. Unlike Salman, whose father was a bigshot writer, I was completely new to the film line. Once, during the making of Maine Pyaar Kiya, a cameraman wanted to shoot an intimate shot of us with a particular angle that I wasn’t comfortable with. Despite being the film’s hero, he told the cameraman to take my permission first before proceeding. I was so touched by this incident that its memory is fresh to this day. I think it is this inherent protective quality that makes the girls go wild over Salman.