John Cena is one of the most popular professional wrestlers. He is a Wrestler as well as an Actor and Rapper. He has currently signed to WWE where he appears for both the Raw and SmackDown. He is well known American celebrity. He is famous for his contribution to professional life. His nickname is The Champ. He is a very talented and skillful wrestler.
Early Life of John Cena
Passionate and enthusiastic wrestler, John Cena was born on 23rd April 1977. His full name is John Felix Anthony Cena Jr. He was born and raised in West Newbury, Massachusetts city of United States. He is the son of John Cena Sr. and Carol Cena, his father, and mother. His nationality is American. His astrological sign is Taurus. His religion is Christianity. At a small age, he began his career in Wrestling. He attended school in Cushing Academy in the USA and college in Springfield.
— John Cena (@JohnCena) February 11, 2021
Body Features of John Cena
Cena has got a great personality. Talking about his body, his height is 6 ft 1 inch. His weight is of 113 Kg. His eye color blue and the hair color is light brown. He has a balanced body with good health. He has an attractive body figure. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers. His chest size is 50 in, waist size is 36 in, and the biceps size is 19 inch.
The career of John Cena
- In 1999, John Cena started his career to become a professional wrestler in Wrestling through training at Ultimate Pro Wrestling’s (UPW) California-based Ultimate University which was operated by Rick Bassman.
- In the year 2000, April he captured the UPW Heavyweight Championship.
- In the year 2001, he signed a contract to work at Ohio Valley Wrestling and later he claimed the OVW heavyweight title in February 2002, then made his WWE debut in June.
- In the year 2003, Cena sought the WWE Championship and chased the reigning champion, Brock Lesnar. But he could not win the title at the event.
- In the year 2004 and 2005, Cena participated in the Royal Rumble match.
- On June 6, 2005, Cena was drafted to the Raw brand becoming the first wrestler selected in the annual draft lottery.
- 2006 ended with Cena beginning a feud with the undefeated Umaga over the WWE Championship.
- In the year 2007, he became the first wrestler to ever come up victorious against Edward “Umaga” Fatu.
- On the October 1, 2007, match of Raw, during a match with Mr. Kennedy, Cena suffered a legitimate torn pectoral muscle while executing a hip toss.
- Cena made a surprise return as the final participant of the Royal Rumble match and won the match WrestleMania title shot by last eliminating Triple H.
- On January 27, 2013, Cena won his second Royal Rumble match and later announced that he’d pursue the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.
- In the same year, 2016 July 19 WWE draft, Cena was drafted to the SmackDown brand, while also defeating Club member Luke Gallows via pinfall in a singles contest.
- On January 29, 2017, Cena defeated AJ Styles at the Royal Rumble to tie Ric Flair for the most world title reigns “WWE Mythology”.
- In the month of July 2017, WWE dubbed Cena as a “free agent” during the 2017 WWE Superstar Shake-up.
- John Cena also performed “rap battles”, where he and his opponent took turns rapping on each other.
- In 2005, his first debut film, “The Marine”, on October 13, 2006, where his wrestling character was shifted from a rapper to that of a young military upstart.
- “12 Rounds” was his second film which was released on 27th March 2009.
- “Legendary” was his third film which was released on 28th September 2010.
- In 2015, Cena made appearances in the comedy films Trainwreck, Sisters, and a cameo in Daddy’s Home.
- In the year 2017, Cena lent his voice for the animated film, “Ferdinand”.
- In the year 2018, Cena starred in the comedy “Blockers”, and will have a leading role in the “Transformers” spin-off prequel, “Bumblebee”.
- He also wears a variety of T-shirts and baseball caps, which commonly include one of his catchphrases such as “never give up”, “you can’t see me”, and “hustle, loyalty, respect”.
— John Cena (@JohnCena) September 10, 2020
Personal Life of John Cena
John Cena is a married man. In the year 2009, July 11 he married Elizabeth Huberdeau. But after some years, he divorced her in 2012, 1st May. In the same year, he started dating Nikki Bella who is a wrestler and engaged on 2nd April 2017.
The net worth of Cena is estimated to have $35 million in 2018 with all of his properties and incomes.
This excellent wrestler makes good money from his work. His salary is kept in privacy but there is no doubt in the mind of his supporters and followers he is satisfied with his earning.
Currently, he is residing in Tampa, the city of Florida.
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Cena
- Does John Cena smoke: No
- Does John Cena drink alcohol: Yes
- John Cena was born with the umbilical cord wrapped 3 times around his neck; this is a very dangerous condition for a newborn baby. Miraculously, Cena survived this condition and did not face any long-term effects.
- John Cena started his pro wrestling career in 1999 with the Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW).
- Cena was so fond of Weightlifting, that at the age of 12, he asked Santa for a Weightlifting bench and eventually got one.
- John Cena has the fourth-highest number of combined days as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, behind Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and Hulk Hogan.
- John Cena has starred in a lot of feature films viz. The Marine (2006), 12 Rounds (2009), and Legendary (2010). Apart from wrestling and acting, Cena has profound interests in rapping.
- Cena’s entrance theme song, “My Time is Now” is composed and sung (rapped) by John Cena himself.
- It has been over nine years since John Cena’s rap album You Can’t See Me was released to the public. It was recorded by WWE Records and starred Cena along with his cousin, Tha Trademarc. It debuted at #15 on the Billboard 200 and sold over 143,000 copies in its first week.
- John Cena has also made appearances on television shows like Manhunt, Deal or No Deal, MAD TV, Saturday Night Live, Punk’d, Psych, and Parks and Recreation.
- Cena was an American Football player in his college days, but quit because he thought he was ‘way too small.’
- You will often find number 54 on Cena’s merchandise. Interestingly, Cena used to wear a number 54 jersey during his college football days.
- Cena has granted more than 500 wishes for Arizona children with life-threatening illnesses through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, making him the current record holder.